Private Wealth Manager
Location: South Africa, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Mauritius
Department: Wealth Management
Start Date: Office dependent
Closing date: N/A
A Private Wealth Manager will meet with prospects and clients, conducting a detailed financial analysis in order to determine opportunity for clients with regards to onshore and offshore personal wealth portfolios, retirement planning, insurance, education planning and estate planning. They will make detailed recommendations in respect of aforesaid opportunities, taking cognisance of each client’s risk profile and financial needs. Additionally, they will create and implement an ongoing service plan to ensure client portfolios are regularly monitored and relevant modification timeously executed.
Apply for this role
- Design product functionality with reference to Local, SIPP, QROPS, QNUPS, and offshore alternatives. This should include a functional mechanism for determining the most appropriate solution as well as cost effective implementation for both the business and the client.
- Maintain detailed knowledge of retirement alternatives in various domiciles with reference to cost, investment restrictions, tax implications (both local and cross border) and drawdown alternatives.
Details of functions
- Always act in the best interest of the client by providing unbiased and professional advice.
- Honour all meetings and engagements in travel schedule.
- Contacting potential clients and setting up initial meetings.
- Analyse financial information obtained from client / clients to determine strategies, products and recommend solutions to help clients meet their financial objectives / goals.
- Contact clients on a quarterly basis to determine if there have been changes in their financial circumstances and provide feedback on current portfolio status.
- Completing client risk analyses.
- Reviewing and responding to clients changing needs and financial circumstances.
- Promoting and selling financial products to meet negotiated sales targets.
- Keeping up to date with financial products and legislation. i.e. attending product provider meetings.
- Producing financial reports through the means afforded to them (CRM).
- Contacting clients with news of new financial products or changes to legislation that may affect their savings and investments.
- Build and maintain client bases, keeping current client plans up-to-date and recruiting new clients on an ongoing basis.
- Protect, secure and grow clients’ wealth by providing independent, expert local and offshore financial advice, retirement planning, estate planning, and tax planning.
- Research and investigate available investment opportunities to determine whether they fit into financial plans.
- Providing investment opportunities across a broad spectrum of regulated products.
- Monitor financial market trends to ensure that plans are effective, and to identify any necessary updates.
- Acting within the scope of the regulatory requirements of the FSCA.
- Learn and develop with regards to Financial Services and continued study and development with institutions and modules such as CISI.
Qualifications, experience and skills
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce, Marketing, Law or Finance.
- International exposure preferred
- Proven sales track record
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Solutions oriented
- High level of professionalism and confidentiality
- Able to thrive in a high pressure, fast paced environment
- An unquestionable work ethic
- Excellent judgement, interpersonal and decision-making skills