By Mike Potts
Whenever a new client joins Carrick Wealth, we welcome them into a world of financial possibilities. We offer them a buffet of investment options with the security and stability that our experience and knowledge provides.
A common misconception is that retirement planning and a pension portfolio are all you need to invest in.
Retirement planning is simply not enough. There are several other questions to consider:
- How much is enough? Did you know that generally your pension should be enough to pay you 75% of the income you had been receiving while employment, during retirement? Global statistics tell us that less than 5% of people who retire can actually afford to do so and consequently are unable to maintain a lifestyle they are accustomed to or had hoped for in retirement
- Do you fully understand the “risks” associated with only investing into a pension? If you only save for retirement, and don’t cover your income with insurances, you run the risk of having to “eat” into your retirement pot due to unforeseen circumstances.
- How much are you expecting your investment to work for you when you have stopped working? Getting your retirement to work for you means you need to know what your investment options are. Check out our Retirement Planning page so that you know what your options are.
The Umbrella Effect
When your approach to wealth management and investment is more holistic you are creating an umbrella of cover for yourself and your loved ones.
Taking the analogy a bit further, one “panel of the umbrella” will be pension and retirement planning, others would be offshore investments, estate planning, life insurance, health insurance, income protection, disability insurance, etc.
Put all the panels together and you have robust, diverse and secure cover that will ensure that you, your assets, your wealth and your family are protected from every angle.
The Benefits of Holistic Financial Cover
Aside from the peace of mind that you are covered for every eventuality, the benefits of a holistic financial planning approach can be summarised as follows:
- Your financial goals can be achieved whilst making sure that life’s “eventualities” are taken of.
- Your legacy is looked after and protected and can be handed down to future generations.
Chat to us about a more holistic approach to your financial investments, so that you have an umbrella for a rainy day.
Yours in wealth,