Helping you to create the life you want in your retirement
You may want to work until your last breath. Or you may desire to retire much earlier. The sooner you start planning, the better you may be financially prepared to live as a retiree. Give yourself the best chance to have a secure future by making plans now.
At Carrick, we assist you to formulate your financial goals and priorities. Once you have clear focus about what you wish to achieve, we will recommend steps for you to meet these goals. We take away the worry and confusion from the decision-making process by supporting you during this process. For example, we may offer you advice on how you should apportion your investments or demonstrate to you how certain decisions may affect your taxes or your estate.
For many, a key part of retirement planning is an offshore pension. By diversifying your pension - that is, spreading the investment risk across different markets - you could earn more in certain of those markets and therefore minimise the possibility of risking your full pension.
Our Wealth Specialists have years of experience in the financial services sector and, particularly, when it comes to offshore pensions. No other brokerage can better the advice that we will offer you. When you plan with us regarding what to do with your pension, you know that you will be saving yourself money, heartache and worry.
Self-Invested Personal Pensions (SIPP)
More flexibility and greater autonomy
A SIPP is an alternative to a traditional pension. It offers a way for you to take control of your retirement future and are best suited to investors who want greater control over their wealth and financial assets.
Self-Invested Personal Pensions (SIPPs) are pension wrappers that hold investments until you retire and start to draw a retirement income. They work in a similar way to a standard personal pension but the main difference is that, with a SIPP, you have more flexibility to choose your investments.
- 100% Control and wide choice of investments
- Freedom to pull out of poorly performing investments
- You can consolidate multiple pension schemes
- Flexi Access or GAD* rates
- Pension Commencement Lumpsum (PCLS) a guaranteed 25%
- No Lump Sum Death Charge (LSDC)
- Pension remains in the UK and as such is regulated still be the FCA
Qualifying Non-UK Pension Schemes (QNUPS)
Significant tax advantages with flexibility
A Qualifying Non-UK Pension Scheme (QNUPS) has tax advantages that appeal to an investor. The rules of a QNUPS also allow investors to pay contributions into the scheme, or from transfer of a QROPS.
They are ideal for UK citizens who live in the UK or elsewhere and who want to retire, at some point, in the UK.
You can pay into QNUPS with cash, assets and even a residential property. How flexible is that! Your pension fund suddenly becomes a dynamic asset that can be made use of in so many ways.
- No restrictions on age and investing
- Contributions can be made from any source, not just from income
- No limit on how much money you can invest
- Tax benefits for the assets you invest
- Possible exemption from UK Inheritance Tax
- Additional benefit of local tax efficiencies
- Withdraw funds in any currency you choose
Recognised Overseas Pension Schemes (ROPS)
Secure, adjustable with beneficial pension benefits
Recognised Overseas Pension Schemes (ROPS, formerly known as QROPS) are pensions based in offshore financial centres that offer flexibility and control.
It means your UK pension can be transferred to a recognised HM Revenue Customs (HMRC) jurisdiction offshore, giving huge benefits often unavailable to UK-based retirement savers.
They're an ideal choice if you reside outside of the UK and don't intend to return to the UK.
If you've been a non-UK tax resident for at least five years, the full benefits of the ROPS provisions will be available to you.
- A lump sum of up to 30% can be withdrawn
- Easily pass on wealth any beneficiary
- Flexible income draw-down rules
- Greater investment flexibility
- Avoid currency exchange rate fluctuations
- Transparent charges
- Consolidate multiple pensions into one easy to manage scheme
- No Lifetime Allowance (LTA) charge
Retirement Annuity Trust Scheme (RATS)
Easily modified and tax-efficient
A Retirement Annuity Trust (RAT) is a very tax-efficient Personal Pension Plan. It's an approved offshore pension scheme that pays out income on a future date or series of dates. It can be paid out monthly, quarterly, annually or even in lump-sum payments.
A RAT functions similarly to a savings scheme. You can contribute to the RAT within prescribed limits and without having to pay tax. The limits depend on your age and your employment situation.
A RAT also allows you to draw down an income at retirement without having to buy a guaranteed lifetime annuity. What this means is that you can continue to receive revenue from the sum that remains in the annuity.
- Personalised, flexible and portable
- Highly tax-efficient investments housed inside a retirement trust
- Can hold a wide variety of assets
- A loan may be taken from a retirement trust
- Transparent and competitive charging structures