Graduate Development Programme 2018
Developing the next generation of frontier financial advisers and wealth managers in the Carrick Group
The Carrick Development Academy (CDA) attracts the best-in-class graduates who aspire to lead wealth and capital management. The action-packed 18 month paid internship provides graduates with an opportunity to work with and learn from the best.
More than that, after gaining intensive theoretical qualifications as well as holistic experiential financial advisory knowledge, successful graduates from the Academy will be offered the opportunity to become an Associate within the Carrick Group.
What makes the CDA awesome?
- Mentorship programme. Our senior management and directorship team will work closely with industry professionals to mentor you.
- You’ll get to learn from the best minds in the industry.
- You’ll get on-the-job training during this full-time, paid graduate internship.
- After completing the programme, you can work in Carrick’s international offices. Ultimately, the vision is to align with the Carrick Group’s greater vision of the Africa 20/20 expansion, focusing on growth in Africa.
- You’ll be building relationships with clients daily and build up a network base.
- Walk into your career within the Carrick group (in line with your focus area) upon completion.
You’re up for the adventure but are you ready for it?
Ultimately, we’re looking for 24 individuals who are serious about a career in financial advice. Our team of qualified advisers come from a wide variety of backgrounds – lawyers, accountants, sales professionals - so it’s not a one size fits all, but we do want someone who’s vision is to become a Financial Adviser when they grow up.
Are you a CDA Champion?
- Hungry to learn.
- A keen entrepreneur.
- An effective communicator with good interpersonal skills.
- Willing to put in your all and burn the midnight oil when needed.
- Technologically savvy.
- A good leader.
Application requirements - Do you have what it takes?
- A degree in Financial Planning, Economics or Business is advantageous (other relevant degrees will be considered).
- An above-average academic performance in your studies (academic transcripts on request).
- Be computer literate.
- Be willing to relocate into Africa upon completion of the programme.
- Have a strong command of the English language.
- Be committed to continuous education within the Financial Services industry.
You’ll obtain your industry qualifications during this programme
- RE5 completion;
- CISI (Chartered Institute of Securities and Investments);
- Product-specific advisory exams; AND
- Any other qualifications specific to your personal career growth plan.
How to apply?
Applications for 2018 are now closed.
To apply to the CDA graduate programme for 2019, please send your CV and a cover letter through to firstname.lastname@example.org