2019 Applications now closed.
Graduate Development Programme 2019
Developing the next generation of frontier financial advisers and wealth managers in the Carrick Group
The Carrick Development Academy (CDA) attracts the best-in-class graduates who aspire to lead wealth and capital management. The action-packed 18 month paid internship provides graduates with an opportunity to work with and learn from the best.
More than that, after gaining intensive theoretical qualifications as well as holistic experiential financial advisory knowledge, successful graduates from the Academy will be offered the opportunity to become a Wealth Specialist within the Carrick Group.
What makes the CDA awesome?
- Mentorship programme. Our senior management and directorship team works closely with industry professionals to mentor CDA team members.
Learn from the best minds in the industry.
- On-the-job training during this full-time, paid graduate internship.
- You’ll get on-the-job training during this full-time, paid graduate internship.
- After completing the programme, Academy graduates have the opportunity to work in Carrick’s international offices. Ultimately, the vision is to align with the Carrick Group’s greater vision of the Africa 20/20 expansion, focusing on growth in Africa.
- From the beginning CDA teams have the opportunity to build relationships with clients daily and build up a network base.
- Walk into your career within the Carrick Group (in line with your focus area) upon completion.
What does a CDA Graduate look like?
Our team of qualified Wealth Specialists come from a wide variety of backgrounds - lawyers, accountants, sales professionals - so it's not a one size fits all, but they all display the same qualities:
- Continual learning.
- A keen entrepreneur.
- An effective communicator with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Willing to burn the midnight oil when needed.
- Technologically savvy.
- A good leader.
Industry qualifications obtained during this programme
- RE5 completion;
- CISI (Chartered Institute of Securities and Investments);
- Product-specific advisory exams; AND
- Any other qualifications specific to personal career growth plans.